• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

are you happy with it ?

It has served us well.

It's great for occasional home use.

That said — and as I've also said before:

"I would definitely go with a Hobart and nothing but a Hobart if one expects to be using a slicer on a very regular basis or slicing tough stuff like large chunks of cheese.
I had a Hobart for many years, but we don't have the room now...and the Chef's Choice suits us just fine (used a few times a week.)
Older Hobart's can often be had for a couple hundred dollars or so via Craigslist and the like."

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

are you happy with it ?

It has served us well.

That said — and as I've said before:

"I would definitely go with a Hobart and nothing but a Hobart if one expects to be using a slicer on a very regular basis or slicing tough stuff like large chunks of cheese.
I had a Hobart for many years, but we don't have the room now...and the Chef's Choice suits us just fine (used a few times a week.)
Older Hobart's can often be had for a couple hundred dollars or so via Craigslist and the like."

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

are you happy with it ?

It has served me well.

That said — as I've said before: