• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

@MelissaH

Looks like there's a Groupon deal.  I've never used a Groupon anything so I'm not familiar with the process.

Article HERE.

Groupon link HERE.

To be honest, this is a fantastic deal.  Also canceling a Costco membership is very, very easy if you are not satisfied.  My advice is go for this deal, get the bennies and then test out Costco for your needs.   I've been a member for decades and never once regretted it.

Highlights of deal here:  (LOTS of stuff included, nice things)

Groupon is running a limited time offer for a Costco Gold Star membership. According to Groupon’s website, the package deal is valued at $148.98 when you take into account the membership fee and the additional goodies. If you buy a membership through Costco’s website, you can get a one-year Gold Star Costco membership for $60. So, what does this Groupon deal actually get you? Here’s what you get for the $60 Groupon Costco deal:

• A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership. This includes a membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone over the age of 18 and living at the same address.
  • A $20 Costco Shop Card. The gift card is valid towards any Costco purchase, including gas.
  • Exclusive coupons for the following products (a $68.98 value) which vary depending on your Costco location
  • Free Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean HE Laundry Detergent Pacs (a $17.99 value)
  • Free Kirkland Signature Create-a-Size® Paper Towels (a $15.99 value)
  • $10 off Fresh Meat. This includes beef, chicken, pork, or fish but excludes deli items.
  • $25 off any order of $250+ on Costco.com
lemniscate

lemniscate

Looks like there's a Groupon deal.  I've never used a Groupon anything so I'm not familiar with the process.

Article HERE.

Groupon link HERE.

To be honest, this is a fantastic deal.  Also canceling a Costco membership is very, very easy if you are not satisfied.  My advice is go for this deal, get the bennies and then test out Costco for your needs.   I've been a member for decades and never once regretted it.

Highlights of deal here:  (LOTS of stuff included, nice things)

Groupon is running a limited time offer for a Costco Gold Star membership. According to Groupon’s website, the package deal is valued at $148.98 when you take into account the membership fee and the additional goodies. If you buy a membership through Costco’s website, you can get a one-year Gold Star Costco membership for $60. So, what does this Groupon deal actually get you? Here’s what you get for the $60 Groupon Costco deal:

• A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership. This includes a membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone over the age of 18 and living at the same address.
  • A $20 Costco Shop Card. The gift card is valid towards any Costco purchase, including gas.
  • Exclusive coupons for the following products (a $68.98 value) which vary depending on your Costco location
  • Free Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean HE Laundry Detergent Pacs (a $17.99 value)
  • Free Kirkland Signature Create-a-Size® Paper Towels (a $15.99 value)
  • $10 off Fresh Meat. This includes beef, chicken, pork, or fish but excludes deli items.
  • $25 off any order of $250+ on Costco.com