• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tikidoc

tikidoc

2 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

@tikidoc which melanger do you have that’s not compatible?  My mini bowl has been shipped so I guess I’ll find out soon enough if it fits mine ...

To clarify, the problem is how the wheel assembly sits in the bowl, NOT the machine. It is supposed to work on either machine. When I notified them of the problem, they attempted to troubleshoot and asked me for photos. Their initial theory was the scrapers were too long (they weren’t), then that the problem was the fit of the bowl on the machine (not that either). When the wheel assembly is put in the bowl, it sits too high and neither the rollers nor the scrapers touch the floor of the bowl. There is probably 2-3 mm clearance. So there is no way it would grind stuff. The fit was the same whether it was sitting on the table or on the machine with the spring loaded screw attached. 

tikidoc

tikidoc

2 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

@tikidoc which melanger do you have that’s not compatible?  My mini bowl has been shipped so I guess I’ll find out soon enough if it fits mine ...

‘To clarify, the problem how the wheel assembly sits in the bowl, NOT the machine. It is supposed to work on either machine. When I notified them of the problem, they attempted to troubleshoot and asked me for photos. Their initial theory was the scrapers were too long (they weren’t’t), then that the problem was the fit of the bowl on the machine (not that either). When the wheel assembly is put in the bowl, it sits too high and neither the rollers nor the scrapers touch the floor of the bowl. There is probably 2-3 mm clearance. So there is no way it would grind stuff. The fit was the same whether it was sitting on the table or on the machine with the spring loaded screw attached.