• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

5 minutes ago, Orbit said:

I posted about this in Cookbooks, but maybe this is a better place for it. I have "Indian Instant Pot Cookbook", and it calls for a quarter cup of liquid for the recipes. I thought you needed at least a cup of liquid to reach pressure. Will I ruin my IP if I try to follow these recipes? The cookbook assures me that the other ingredients (yogurt, tomatoes) will provide the liquid, but I don't know if I trust that. Anyone have experience with this cookbook, or with low-liquid IP recipes?

As long as the total liquid in the recipe equals a cup or a cup and a half I think that you should be just fine.

I always go for the safe side and figure at least a cup and a half.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

3 minutes ago, Orbit said:

I posted about this in Cookbooks, but maybe this is a better place for it. I have "Indian Instant Pot Cookbook", and it calls for a quarter cup of liquid for the recipes. I thought you needed at least a cup of liquid to reach pressure. Will I ruin my IP if I try to follow these recipes? The cookbook assures me that the other ingredients (yogurt, tomatoes) will provide the liquid, but I don't know if I trust that. Anyone have experience with this cookbook, or with low-liquid IP recipes?

As long as it's a total liquid in the recipe equals a cup or a cup and a half I think that you should be just fine.

I always go for the safe side and figure at least a cup and a half.