• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

LucyInAust

LucyInAust

And here is the cake ... which nearly didn't end up at the wedding, and missed it's final adjustments (my poor boyfriend had to drive it for an hour, without me there) ... but tasted delicious!!!!!  The transfers were a bit of a mess ... but hopefully better than zero decorations!

The IMBC had added cointreau;  the cake was a gluten free spiced chocolate cake (fresh grated ginger, fresh ground cinnamon, cloves, allspice and cardamom); and the ganache had orange zest infused cream.

Thanks for all the advice ... one day I might get an eye for detail and want to perfect the look of things ;-) 

Jenn Ron Wedding cake 20161112.jpg

LucyInAust

LucyInAust

And here is the cake ... which nearly didn't end up at the wedding, and missed it's final adjustments (my poor boyfriend had to drive it for an hour, without me there) ... but tasted delicious!!!!!  The transfers were a bit of a mess ... but hopefully better than zero decorations!

The IMBC had added cointreau;  the cake was a gluten free spiced chocolate cake (fresh grated ginger, fresh ground cinnamon, cloves, allspice and cardamom); and the ganache had orange zest infused cream.

Jenn Ron Wedding cake 20161112.jpg