• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Over on this thread a few of us have sheepishly blushed when we attempt to buy a Kindle book and Amazon informs us that we already own it. 

Today @Kerry Beal and I popped into a thrift store looking for something that was not food related.  While she searched the other aisles I lingered in the cookbook aisle. I was actually in search of Vegetarian India by Madhur Jaffery.  It was nowhere to be found but I did find myself drawn to this book:

B039C4E9-CD44-45FE-A68B-BDA7651B36E6.thumb.jpeg.edd016edb53a099262fbd8e3d18d18ed.jpeg

When I reached the checkout  and the cashier rang it up over $6 I was quite annoyed.  In other thrift stores it would be less than $3.  But what the heck.

I am always especially intrigued by secondhand books that have Post-it notes or bookmarks in them. 

While Kerry was in another store taking care of a very fast errand I stayed in the car and picked up the book to have a quick look. 

I turned immediately to the page marked with the Post-it note:

8F741673-A5A0-40AF-A8B6-CB5AF0627CB2.thumb.jpeg.b8d5a970d57af4a457a54c255056614b.jpeg

I stared at it for quite a while before I clued in.  That’s my handwriting. :shock:

Anna N

Anna N

Over on this thread a few of us have sheepishly blushed when we attempt to buy a Kindle book and Amazon informs us that we already own it. 

Today @Kerry Beal and I popped into a thrift store looking for something that was not food related.  While she search the other aisles  I lingered in the cookbook aisle. I was actually in search of Vegetarian India by Madhur Jaffery.  It was nowhere to be found but I did find myself drawn to this book:

B039C4E9-CD44-45FE-A68B-BDA7651B36E6.thumb.jpeg.edd016edb53a099262fbd8e3d18d18ed.jpeg

When I reached the check out  and the cashier rang it up over $6 I was quite annoyed.  In other thrift stores it would be less than $3.  But what the heck.

I am always especially intrigued by secondhand books that have Post-it notes or bookmarks in them. 

While Kerry was in another store taking care of a very fast errand I stayed in the car and picked up the book to have a quick look. 

I turned immediately to the page marked with the Post-it note:

8F741673-A5A0-40AF-A8B6-CB5AF0627CB2.thumb.jpeg.b8d5a970d57af4a457a54c255056614b.jpeg

I stared at it for quite a while before I clued in.  That’s my handwriting. :shock: