• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

5 hours ago, Shelby said:

I need to think of something besides asparagus to use.  I don't care for canned and I doubt the grocery store will have fresh....if they do it will be a million dollars a pound.

Pickled asparagus, depending on how it is done, is much tastier than the plain canned stuff.  And there is one of the organic frozen companies that offers extra-long asparagus spears that are lovely.

I have ordered some fantastic pickled long green beans and asparagus from a place in Orange County, along with some other specialty items that are unusual or difficult to find.  Right now the name escapes me.  They have some incredible condiments and the honey and jams and jellies are exceptional.  I always spend too much there but I always get free shipping!  

I'll close for now and go look for the name, just in case.

Found it!  I had to do a Google search for "source for La Dunkerquoise waffle cookies"  Which was in the front of the cupboard where I keep goodies.  The name is My Panier.   

I "discovered" them when a friend who lives in Orange County recommended I try their slow cooker spice blends.

Naturally once there I "found" a few other things that sounded interesting.

andiesenji

andiesenji

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

I need to think of something besides asparagus to use.  I don't care for canned and I doubt the grocery store will have fresh....if they do it will be a million dollars a pound.

Pickled asparagus, depending on how it is done, is much tastier than the plain canned stuff.  And there is one of the organic frozen companies that offers extra-long asparagus spears that are lovely.

I have ordered some fantastic pickled long green beans and asparagus from a place in Orange County, along with some other specialty items that are unusual or difficult to find.  Right now the name escapes me.  They have some incredible condiments and the honey and jams and jellies are exceptional.  I always spend too much there but I always get free shipping!  

I'll close for now and go look for the name, just in case.