• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

I had an incredibly lucky day at the local Goodwill! For the sum of one dollar, I got one of the finest cookbooks ever created, Les diners de Gala by Salvador Dali. Yes, there's a recently published reprint, but, no, no, this is the 1973 hardbound first edition, complete with dustjacket!  (and worth at least 115 times what I paid for it!) Yes, there's some edge wear on the dustjacket, but, the book is clean and the pages are bright. It's also an amazing book overall. There are plenty of illustrations, photographs, and the recipes appear to fine dining classics.

Dali1.jpg

Dali2.jpg

Dali3.jpg

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

I had an incredibly lucky day at the local Goodwill! For the sum of one dollar, I got one of the finest cookbooks ever created, Les diners de Gala by Salvador Daliir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=096006921. Yes, there's a recently published reprintir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=383650876, but, no, no, this is the 1973 hardbound first edition, complete with dustjacket!  (and worth at least 115 times what I paid for it!) Yes, there's some edge wear on the dustjacket, but, the book is clean and the pages are bright. It's also an amazing book overall. There are plenty of illustrations, photographs, and the recipes appear to fine dining classics.

Dali1.jpg

Dali2.jpg

Dali3.jpg