• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

changed Kitchenaid to Maytag. Kitchenaid was an error.

I had a dual fuel range once but the particular one I had, which I think was a Maytag (or else it was a Jenn-Aire I can't remember which as we had appliances made by  both) never really worked properly.  If it had, I probably would have liked it very much.  So after fighting with it for a number of years we bought an Electrolux range with an induction top.  I loved it.  Unless you really want gas, a range with an induction top is the way to go.  When we sold the house, I bid the range a sad tearful goodbye and really tried hard to use the smooth top electric cooktop that was in the condo we moved into.  I hated it.   That lasted about two months and it was replaced by an induction cooktop.  Happiness.

ElsieD

ElsieD

I had a dual fuel range once but the particular one I had, which I think was a Kitchenaid (or else it was a Jenn-Aire I can't remember which as we had appliances made by  both) never really worked properly.  If it had, I probably would have liked it very much.  So after fighting with it for a number of years we bought an Electrolux range with an induction top.  I loved it.  Unless you really want gas, a range with an induction top is the way to go.  When we sold the house, I bid the range a sad tearful goodbye and really tried hard to use the smooth top electric cooktop that was in the condo we moved into.  I hated it.   That lasted about two months and it was replaced by an induction cooktop.  Happiness.