• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

23 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

So I wish to save myself an experiment - so I'm going to throw this out there. Do you really have to put the bread in the side that says 'one slice'? Will the world end if you don't? Will the toast not toast if you don't? 

Clearly I foolishly follow the rules and up until now haven't questioned this. Anna made her one piece of toast this am on that side, and I toasted the rug rats slice on that side.

What is going to happen if I buck convention?

It's said that the "one slice" slot is where the thermostat is located.

Using the other slot may lead to unpredictable results.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

21 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

So I wish to save myself an experiment - so I'm going to throw this out there. Do you really have to put the bread in the side that says 'one slice'? Will the world end if you don't? Will the toast not toast if you don't? 

Clearly I foolishly follow the rules and up until now haven't questioned this. Anna made her one piece of toast this am on that side, and I toasted the rug rats slice on that side.

What is going to happen if I buck convention?

It's said that the "one slice" side is where the thermostat is located.

Using the other side may lead to unpredictable results.