• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I am positively drooling (and very jealous) after seeing that Peking Duck dinner, the breakfast before that, and this last post with the pictures of the dim sum.

Daughter emailed last night that she had a private cooking lesson (4 different dishes - no idea yet what they were though). It was conducted by the owner on the stoop outside the front of her Thai vegetarian restaurant in Kanchanaburi. She too is trying to make me jealous.

Don't know how much longer I can resist a trip to that part of the world. Once the old dog passes, I may not be able to say no any more. The sights are fascinating but frankly I would go just for the food experience. My daughter is travelling alone but I would wish for a companion to talk with over (and about) the meals since I truly hate eating alone, though I don't mind exploring or shopping alone - in fact, I prefer that. If I have to go alone I suspect that practically all, if not all, of my meals would end up being street food.  

Deryn

Deryn

I am positively drooling (and very jealous) after seeing that Peking Duck dinner, the breakfast before that, and this last post with the pictures of the dim sum.

Daughter emailed last night that she had a private cooking lesson (4 different dishes - no idea yet what they were though). It was conducted by one of the resident cooks on the stoop outside the front of her Thai vegetarian restaurant in Kanchanaburi. She too is trying to make me jealous.

Don't know how much longer I can resist a trip to that part of the world. Once the old dog passes, I may not be able to say no any more. The sights are fascinating but frankly I would go just for the food experience. My daughter is travelling alone but I would wish for a companion to talk with over (and about) the meals since I truly hate eating alone, though I don't mind exploring or shopping alone - in fact, I prefer that. If I have to go alone I suspect that practically all, if not all, of my meals would end up being street food.