• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Josh71

Josh71

13 minutes ago, KennethT said:

As I'm sure you're aware, sv times are dependent on thickness, bath temp and core temp. Using a bath that is just over your core temp will result in the even cooking that most love sv for, but will take the longest time. To specifically answer your question, I'd advise using either Sous Vide Dash (a VERY useful app if you do lots of sv cooking) or you can use the charts provided by nathanm many years ago in the original sous vide thread.

However, part of me wants to know why you'd bother cooking the pork roast well donev SV... Wouldn't it be easier and faster to roast conventionally?

I don't have that app, and I think that's iOS only?

I tried to search it on the sous vide index post, strange that it's not there.

About the pork roast well done using sv, that's because I don't want to over cook it if using conventional method. And this is for later New Year celebration, many of my friends, I think would still think pork should be well done :)

Josh71

Josh71

4 minutes ago, KennethT said:

As I'm sure you're aware, sv times are dependent on thickness, bath temp and core temp. Using a bath that is just over your core temp will result in the even cooking that most love sv for, but will take the longest time. To specifically answer your question, I'd advise using either Sous Vide Dash (a VERY useful app if you do lots of sv cooking) or you can use the charts provided by nathanm many years ago in the original sous vide thread.

However, part of me wants to know why you'd bother cooking the pork roast well donev SV... Wouldn't it be easier and faster to roast conventionally?

I don't have that app, and I think that's iOS only?

About the pork roast well done using sv, that's because I don't want to over cook it if using conventional method. And this is for later New Year celebration, many of my friends, I think would still think pork should be well done :)