• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vapre

Vapre

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Did I mention I've ordered a second one?

Yup, I have a backup. I got an early backer deal on indie gogo back in '16 I think for the burner/probe @ 199. A year later they emailed backers with an opportunity to buy the upgraded mat/probe/disconnectable BT unit for $99, jumped on that, sold v1 probe on ebay. So when I saw the whole kit-and-caboodle for $99, you bet I jumped.

Vapre

Vapre

Yup, I have a backup. I got an early backer deal on indie gogo back in '16 I think for the burner/probe @ 199. A year later they emailed backers with an opportunity to buy the mat/probe/disconnectable BT unit for $99, jumped on that, sold v1 probe on ebay. So when I saw the whole kit-and-caboodle for $99, you bet I jumped.

Vapre

Vapre

Yup, I have a backup.