• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

I tried a couple of things last night.  First, I thought it might be a great way to gently reheat food without bagging.  I put a couple of leftover brisket slices and a potato wedge in a pan and set it for 155F.  It seemed to be working but slowly, so I covered the pan and that sped it up, but the potato was still not hot enough, so I moved it to the air fryer for five minutes.  I think a higher temp, maybe 170F might be better and faster.  I flipped the meat at some point and I think the time was about 30 minutes.

paragon-reheat.jpg.2b282cbb0bab1b3e26eb59bd0754d89f.jpg

Later I thought I would see how accurate the temperature was.  I only did one temp at 172F.  Aiming the IR thermometer near the center of the pan, it was pretty close at 170.3, but the edges of the pan were way cooler at 146 to 155F.  This was after letting it warm up for about 10 minutes.

paragon-temp.jpg.aafe9f0a2e6d27760611bc0d372ecb49.jpg

mgaretz

mgaretz

I tried a couple of things last night.  First, I thought it might be a great way to gently reheat food without bagging.  I put a couple of leftover brisket slices and a potato wedge in a pan and set it for 155F.  It seemed to be working but slowly, so I covered the pan and that sped it up, but the potato was still not hot enough, so I moved it to air fryer for five minutes.  I think a higher temp, maybe 170F might be better and faster.  I flipped the meat at some point and I think the time was about 30 minutes.

Later I thought I would see how accurate the temperature was.  I only did one temp at 172F.  Aiming the IR thermometer near the center of the pan, it was pretty close at 170.3, but the edges of the pan were way cooler at 146 to 155F.  This was after letting it warm up for about 10 minutes.

mgaretz

mgaretz

I tried a couple of things last night.  First, I thought it might e a great way to gently reheat food without bagging.  I put a couple of leftover brisket slices and a potato wedge in a pan and set it for 155F.  It seemed to be working but slowly, so I covered the pan and that sped it up, but the potato was still not hot enough, so I moved it to air fryer for five minutes.  I think a higher temp, maybe 170F might be better and faster.  I flipped the meat at some point and I think the time was about 30 minutes.