• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rickbern

Rickbern

16 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Ah.  I'd really rather use the sink.  It is the right height.  My biggest bowl is what I'd need for most greens soaks and it wouldn't fit into the sink.  

You could try to use a rectangular  cambro instead of a round bowl. Kitchen sinks don’t have overflow drains like bathroom sinks do so they’re not designed to seal well. 

Rickbern

Rickbern

16 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Ah.  I'd really rather use the sink.  It is the right height.  My biggest bowl is what I'd need for most greens soaks and it wouldn't fit into the sink.  

You could try to use a cambro instead of a round bowl. Kitchen sinks don’t have overflow drains like bathroom sinks do so they’re not designed to seal well.