• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with Kitchen Tools & Chef Supply Stores in St Louis, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, NYC

foodphotography.in

Hello,

I'm a food photographer based in Mumbai, India and will be visiting the US later this month. I am keen to visit, window shop and shop at various Kitchen Tools & Chef Supply stores in St Louis, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston and NYC. I would prefer this to shopping online.

Could any fellow members recommend suitable places in either or all of the 5 cities?

In Singapore I saw http://www.tottstore.com/ Tools of the Trade which was great.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by foodphotography.in (log)

Sur La Table in St. Louis, there are several stores in many cities though, so any one will do; ditto for Williams Sonoma. Perhaps Kitchen Conservatory.

Chef Central in NY, 50,000 sq. ft. of shopping.

dcarch

Thank you joancassell and dcarch

• 1 month later...

Sur La Table in St. Louis, there are several stores in many cities though, so any one will do; ditto for Williams Sonoma. Perhaps Kitchen Conservatory.

Thanks Joan Cassell, Sur La Table was fantastic! I ended up going to the one at Pentagon Row, in Arlington, Virginia and it was wonderful. The staff was super helpful and I appreciated the fact that they had multiple brands of the same items at various price points.

Edited by foodphotography.in (log)