• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is the most popular brand of Shaoxing around here. I've no idea of its availability overseas. They do various versions. This one was drinking quality; reasonable but not the highest level. I used it for cooking. They also do a cheaper version which is only for cooking.

Shaoxing.JPG

Don't worry about the SS sign. It hasn't been Nazi-fied, The SS sign denotes an official top brand. See here.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is the most popular brand of Shaoxing around here. I've no idea of its availability overseas. They do various versions. This one was drinking quality; reasonable but not the highest level. I used it for cooking. They also do a cheaper version which is only for cooking.

Shaoxing.JPG

Don't worry about the SS sign. It has been Nazi-fied, The SS sign denotes an official top brand. See here.