• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Johnny Iuzzini's frosting

oli

I got this recipe from this site in Jan.2008, but I forgot the ingredient quantities. The person who was kind enough to post it mentioned "i can't recall when I got it, but it was used in one of Johnny Iuzzini's demos at The Chocolate show."

Here's most of the procedure, maybe someone might have the quantities.

"TO MAKE FROSTING: Melt chocolate in heatproof bowl set over saucepan containing 1 inch of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside. Meanwhile, heat butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Increase heat to medium; add sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt and stir with heatproof rubber spatula until sugar is dissolved, 4 to 5 minutes. Add melted chocolate, butter mixture, and cream to the bowl of a standing mixer and stir to thoroughly combine.

5. Place mixer bowl over ice bath and stir mixture constantly with rubber spatula until frosting is thick and just beginning to harden against sides of bowl, 1 to 2 minutes (frosting should be 70 degrees). Place bowl on standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until frosting is light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir with rubber spatula until completely smooth.

Mine has

6oz semisweet choc

1/2 cup lt cream

1cup butter

2 1/2 cups confection. Sugar

No corn syrup

1teaspoon vanilla, or heat cream with a spline bean

Directions are the same.

I'm pretty sure you could sub out the cream for the corn syrup, at least it's a good place to start!

Mine has

6oz semisweet choc

1/2 cup lt cream

1cup butter

2 1/2 cups confection. Sugar

No corn syrup

1teaspoon vanilla, or heat cream with a spline bean

Directions are the same.

I'm pretty sure you could sub out the cream for the corn syrup, at least it's a good place to start!

Thanks, that helps alot.