• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frittata Tonight

Porthos

I have left over asparagus from last night's Valentines dinner so I want to make an asparagus and sharp cheddar cheese frittata for dinner tonight and am looking for inspiration as to herbs to add to give it more depth. Any suggestions?

Edited to add that I haven't decided whether or not to add ham to it.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Depending on how prominent you want the herb component to be, one possible move is to go with tarragon. I personally love tarragon with asparagus, and tarragon won't get lost against the flavor of cheddar. My wine choice would be sparkling.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Unfortunately since my DW had gastric bypass surgery wine with dinner doesn't really happen. She had 1/2 of a glass of champagne last night. That was only her second glass of wine in the last year. :hmmm: I'm glad to have a much healthier wife now and not having wine with dinner (which was not a regular thing before anyway) is a small price to pay.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;