• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Zagat Guide

ngatti

On a related note, when my assistant calls to make a reservation for me, she often uses her own name.  do you think at some point she'll be forced to use my name?  and then if i can't make it but send someone in my place, do you think there's some sort of ramification because "mr. tommy" didn't show up to dinner?  all due respect, i just can't fathom any of this.

So, how much clout does your name carry? What's your last name? Mind if I pose as you on the Left Coast?

none. that's why it doesn't matter if my assistant uses her name.

On a related note, when my assistant calls to make a reservation for me, she often uses her own name.  do you think at some point she'll be forced to use my name?  and then if i can't make it but send someone in my place, do you think there's some sort of ramification because "mr. tommy" didn't show up to dinner?  all due respect, i just can't fathom any of this.

So, how much clout does your name carry? What's your last name? Mind if I pose as you on the Left Coast?

none. that's why it doesn't matter if my assistant uses her name.

Maybe she has a good phone voice?

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.