• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mariques

denise_madison

Yes I've been to Marique's. It isn't French it's Continental. Food average quality and price. I have friends who like it very much, but I don't care for it. There are many other restaurants within a ten minute drive that are much better. Even more if you are willing to drive 1/2 hour.

Opah Grill in Peapack Gladstone and Limestone cafe also in Peapack Gladstone are much better and only ten minutes away. If you are looking for a French restaurant in the area try Silver Springs Farm in Flanders (20 minutes form Mendham). Good luck. : :biggrin:

If you are looking for a French restaurant in the area try Silver Springs Farm in Flanders (20 minutes form Mendham). Good luck. :  :biggrin:

I haven't been to SSF in years.

When the restaurant was hitting on all cylinders, it was perfection. But, the interior could (5 years ago) certainly have used an updating.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo