• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Roy's

dodge621

I like the roast beef sandwiches (especialy with fresh onions and horseradish sauce) but the fries aren't as good as McDonalds.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Roy's on Albany Street, south of the WTC site?

I was there a few months ago. Very pleasant, good service, nothing outstanding, nothing terrible. Plating was very attractive.

Totally empty on an early Saturday evening. When we left a 9 pm, it was less than half filled.

I posted on it at the time, different get much of a reaction, as I recall.

Friends were there last Saturday, similar report.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Not Roy Rogers?  :blink:

Mark, I think this discussion is about Roy Yamaguchi's restaurant, although that thread name is a bit vague. And "is it still good" implies that the NYC location ever was good... and Fat Guy and a few others who were there don't seem to think it ever was (me, I hadn't even been aware that there WAS a NYC location, so don't ask me--heck, I'm still not sure what "Fusion Hawaiian" cuisine is...).

Besides, Does Roy Rogers even exist anymore? I mean outside of a few holdouts who are running the stores independantly?

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Besides, Does Roy Rogers even exist anymore?  I mean outside of a few holdouts who are running the stores independantly?

One of the "holdouts" is at the Livingston Mall in NJ. I miss Roy Rogers, they had the best fried chicken. Way better than KFC or Popeye's.