• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Abolish the PLCB

mrbigjas

lew bryson has a new blog. it rocks.

ok i've been requested to edit this, to give some more context.

if you drink beer and live in the area, you know who lew bryson is: beer and whiskey writer, blogger, drinker. in addition to his web page and his everyday blog, he started a new blog, linked above, about why the PLCB should be abolished.

now, it seems to me you will never uproot the kajilllion dollar business that is the PLCB. but it also seems that if you want to take on this task, you have to start somewhere, and that somewhere should be with a relatively respected, high profile member of the drinking community consolidating information and people into one place. a scattershot approach has even less of a chance than the .00000001% chance that this has.

anyway, i think it's an interesting read for anyone who deals with the PLCB, which is why i posted it.

(and no, i don't believe that capaneus's mad skillz at gaming the PLCB system count as a reason to keep it, unless he starts posting/emailing me recommendations BEFORE he buys the entire local inventory of rockin cheap wine)

Edited by mrbigjas (log)

Bryson is a beer and spirits writer who lives in Bucks County, author of several guide books (Pennsylvania Breweries, New York Breweries, etc.), managing editor of Malt Advocate magazine, columnist for Portfolio.com and one of the very best writers about beer, bourbon, Irish whiskey and food that I have ever read. Hands down the best beer writer in America.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"