• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tiramisu ?

D90

I don't know about the best, but definitely one of the better ones in town.

Wazubee on Commercial Drive. Be prepared to pay though. I think it's almost $8!

Making your own is preferable = ). I use Tyler Florence's ultimate tiramisu recipe... hehe.

Where would I find the best Tiramisu in Vancouver? Where are you fav. places?

Thanks

D

Great topic, I'm also interested in the best tiramisu that Vancouver has to offer. I've tried the tiramisu at Marcello's I think they called it something else like "Mascarpone Dessert" or something like that. Very good but also very small, you'll need to order 3 or 4 to satisfy a tiramisu craving.

I've also tried the tiramisu from Sweet Revenge also quite good and served in a glass, levelled, dusted with cocoa and topped with a fanned out strawberry. They seem to have change their glass but it tastes about the same.

I didn't quite like the tiramisu from Ganache it was lacking in mascarpone and instead of lady fingers it had pieces of cake.

I also recall having some at Anton's. A huge portion but can't really comment on the taste, I was so full of pasta I can't remember.

There are some other places that I've probably tried but I can't remember at the moment. I'll looking forward to trying the Wazubee's tiramisu since I like their burgers and garlic mayo.

Hope more people list some places to try some tiramisu :smile:.

Homemade is always best, but the closest to that has been at Don Francesco's on Burrard. Being Italian, I fancy myself a tiramisu connoisseur, and theirs the best I've had in any restaurant.

Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography.

~ Robert Byrne

Homemade is always best, but the closest to that has been at Don Francesco's on Burrard.  Being Italian,  I fancy myself a tiramisu connoisseur, and theirs the best I've had in any restaurant.

Yeah, I guess homemade will always be best. I should stop being lazy and trying making it one of these days. Glad to hear that I can rely on Don Francesco's in the mean time.

Here's another vote for homemade! I like how tiramisu isn't too fiddly or requires a lot of precision to make. I've been using Anna Olson's recipe. But for eating out, I'm partial to the tiramisu at Dario's La Piazza; they're located at the Italian Cultural Centre on Slocan.