• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Promenade at Marlton

helenas

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Has a large Sur La Table and other high end mall stores such as Coach, Banana Republic, J Crew. Food options aren't great PF Changs or the quickly becoming ubiquitous Panera but since I'm starved for urbanity in South Jersey on the weekends :cool: , it functions. Also close to great grocery store Zagaras and a Trader Joes.

Is it near the excellent French/Vietnamese, Le Me Toujours?

Yes, on the opposite (northbound) side of Rt 73.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

It is also near the Hard Shell Cafe where I go for all-you-can-eat crabs (garlic or maryland-style spiced) whenever I can. YUM!

Hardshell Cafe is at the intersection of Rt. 70 and Rt 73, on 73 a little bit north of the intersection

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

It is also near the Hard Shell Cafe where I go for all-you-can-eat crabs (garlic or maryland-style spiced) whenever I can. YUM!

Hardshell Cafe is at the intersection of Rt. 70 and Rt 73, on 73 a little bit north of the intersection

Real Maryland Crabs are only available May thru August--- what does this place do the rest of the year?

It is also near the Hard Shell Cafe where I go for all-you-can-eat crabs (garlic or maryland-style spiced) whenever I can.  YUM!

Real Maryland Crabs are only available May thru August--- what does this place do the rest of the year?

I think they have them flown up from Louisiana.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

John is right, the do have them flown in (all year 'round). I know they aren't actually Maryland crabs - I just didnt know what to call the bay-seasoned type of preparation, so I called it Maryland-style. Sorry for the confusion.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Best of the Promenade: Apple Store

Worst of the Promenade: Stone Cold Creamery

S.T.C. was dudsville. The ice cream is presented in a gelato case and is made on site. But, when further questioned, we found out that they receive the bases for freezing on site. The ice cream looked rather bland (some greyish) and others were artificially colored. I guess that's where the gimmick of adding in ingredients on the marble slab came in.

We had read on their website that the staff sings a song whenever they get a tip. We tipped the teenagers behind the counter and things got worse. The poor kid behind the counter sounded forced into saying "Look, we got a tip." Then he was joined by his co-workers in singing a thank you tip song. I would have gladly paid another dollar to put all of us out of this misery.

We left and tasted the ice cream. I skipped the cake batter flavor and went for the benchmark basics: vanilla and chocolate. The ice cream was overwhelmingly artificial in taste. Thoroughly dissappointing. The worst part was that we tried a butter pecan type flavor and it tasted more fake than Aunt Jemima -- and we couldn't wash the taste out.

Anyway, that was our Promenade experience. Be forewarned! :)