• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

shipping help

cocoa-lulu

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I need some help with a shipping estimate. I am shipping chocolate. My box is 1" foam lined 24x18x11, about 18lbs, temps are in the 90's. My question is, How much dry ice should I need for 3 day shipping?

I've never used dry ice before, any packing tips would be extremely helpful.

Thank you-

before you use dry ice, make sure that the shipping company will let you do this. they usually have some extra form to fill out or an extra charge for using dry ice. if that charge is enough, you might be better off just using ice packs and shipping overnight.

other than that, i can't help.

My shipper said "no problem with dry ice". Shipping 2nd day is $100.00, 3rd day is 65.00, i'm trying to save my customer some money, I can get dry ice for .99lb. I just don't know how much i need.