• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine Dining Alone in NYC: Your Best Picks

MarkIsCooking

I had the tasting menu (with wine pairings) when I ate there. No problem whatsoever. I also had the tasting menu at Jean Georges, fwiw.

Thanks for the infor sharding. Are the dishes of the tasting menu you had the same as the ones listed on Zagat and Four Seasons website? Or do you happen to know if they change it on a regular basis?

Thanks for the infor sharding.  Are the dishes of the tasting menu you had the same as the ones listed on Zagat and Four Seasons website?  Or do you happen to know if they change it on a regular basis?

The menu I had was different. This is what I had (typing in by hand, so I'll just give the English versions, and any typos are my fault):

Vegetable fondant and crabmeat topped with a delicate avocado cream

Sea scallop carpaccio and fresh Japanese sea urchin

Spaghettini with shaved Parmesan and black truffle

Soft boiled eggs on a spicy eggplant stew

Pan sauteed amadai served in a lily bulb broth

Pan-fried Kobe beef with truffle frisee salad

Grapefruit segments, grape wine gelee, mint sorbet

Onctuous Gianduja cream, coffee ice cream, hazelnut crumble

Espresso coffee served with salted caramel chocolate

The waiter said they change the tasting menu every 2-3 months, IIRC.