• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Relais Gourmand

Leslie -- As you know, Daniel is part of Relais & Chateaux (Relais Gourmand). What degree of significance was attributed to that affiliation by Boulud and by other members of the kitchen and dining room teams, respectively? Did the restaurant receive a meaningful amount of reservations from R&C's website or phone reservations service (unlikely)? Is the use of the R&C reservations service one way to bypass the usual reservations policy at Daniel? :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Cabrales, sorry for taking so long to respond to this one. I didn't hear any discussion of the significance of the Relais Gourmand connection while I was in the restaurant, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. I know that Daniel Boulud is very proud of his affiliation with Relais & Chateaux. I don't imagine that reserving through the R&C organization would yield any greater benefit than reserving directly through Daniel.