• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: NV Mumm Napa Valley Cuvee M

djsexyb

My brother got married this weekend, i was the best man. we got a party trolley to take the bridal party from the church to pictures, to the reception and basically downed whatever was in sight, including LOTS of this sparkling wine, one of my sister in law's favorite. although its hard to do a complex tasting in a bus full of 20 screaming people, drinking from plastic champagne flutes this is what i got...

NV Mumm Napa Valley Cuvee M

A very fine consistent stream of small bubbles rises very gently from the glass. the nose has gentle pear and white stone fruits, namely white peach, and perhaps a little honey. This cuvee was bone dry and tasted of pear, light peach, and a slight hint of strawberry, minus the sweetness you associate strawberries with. The end was a bit unbalanched with the fruit tones being eagerly overtaken by yeast and brioche, but all in all a nice value sparkler.

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com