• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vincor

Does anyone experience change in the way Vincor handles the business after being sold? Seems like the whole structure has collapsed. Is there anyone else having issues with them?

Vincor is NOT sold yet. It only agreed to allow Constellation to acquire the shares its does not already own by way of plan of arrangement last week on April 2 and such arrangements remain subject to shareholder approval at the meeting to be held on June 1 (although with the board of directors of Vincor support behind Constellation plans approval is probably a slam dunk). If there is any change in the way Vincor handles business recently it has nothing to do with recent events - absolutely certain things would not change in only 10 days! Hell only people pretty senior and up at Vincor (read CFO, CEO, VP's) knew about the deal and then, only, then would it have filtered down to distributors, sales reps etc. after April 2. Also, up until recently Vincor was resisting Constellation at all cost. I mean who would have expected that following Vincor's sucessful defence of Constellation's hostile bid they would have turned announced a friendly deal. I thought that things were done on that one only to be surprised when I saw the wire come through on Canada Newswire. Structures do not collaps in 10 days.

officially left egullet....

We have not had any problems with Vincor. Service the last two weeks has been great.

Tim

Rare Restaurant

Tim Keller

Rare Restaurant

tim@rarevancouver.com

Metro Restaurant

timkeller@metrodining.ca

I have had one sales rep come in in nine years. I ordered a case of wine right on the spot, as it was something I wanted.

I never saw the wine, and I have never seen the rep since. That was four years ago. Now, just to be clear, I am in a neighbourhood with nearly 40 full service establishment in 5 blocks, so I am not isolated either.

If it were not for the media reports, I would have thought that company had folded.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

I have had one sales rep come in in nine years. I ordered a case of wine right on the spot, as it was something I wanted.

I never saw the wine, and I have never seen the rep since. That was four years ago. Now, just to be clear, I am in a neighbourhood with nearly 40 full service establishment in 5 blocks, so I am not isolated either.

If it were not for the media reports, I would have thought that company had folded.

Neil I have had not one but two reps from Vincor calling on me. For a serving of ginger bread pudding I will share a rep with you, no need for me to be greedy. Extra carmel sauce please.

Tim Keller

Rare Restaurant

tim@rarevancouver.com

Metro Restaurant

timkeller@metrodining.ca

Neil I have had not one but two reps from Vincor calling on me. For a serving of ginger bread pudding I will share a rep with you, no need for me to be greedy. Extra carmel sauce please.

I have managed nine years without serving Jackson Triggs wine, I can manage nine more.

Anyways, if I spend time with Vincor reps, it just means less time with the MArk Anthony rep !!!!!!!

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com