• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NJ MONTHLY

chopjwu12

Does anyone know if the august edition has come out yet? I heard that it did and that its the restaurant edition but i haven't seen it around. The website seems like it still has the july addition. Can anyone share some information.

Does anyone know if the august edition has come out yet? I heard that it did and that its the restaurant edition but i haven't seen it around. The website seems like it still has the july addition. Can anyone share some information.

it is out, at least by mail.

isn't *every* edition of NJ Monthly "the restaurant edition"? they are big fans of talking about restaurants it seems. which, i suppose, is why i subscribe.

edit: ever, every, whatevery.

[

isn't *every* edition of NJ Monthly "the restaurant edition"?  they are big fans of talking about restaurants it seems.

This should really read "...every edition the NORTH Jersey restaurant edition..."for example, they could not find ONE ethnic place south of New Brunswick? I guess that's their advertising market, so its who they cater to, but really, change the name of the magazine!

i heard there were restaurants that tried to stuff the ballot box and got caught anyone know about that?

Several years back a restaurant came under new chef/owner and went from nowhere in the poll to number 4 or 5 in the first or second year. Thereafter it has never appeared in (i.e., banned from (?)) the poll although the restaurant is still thought of being one of the top in the state.

The Critical Diner

"If posts to eGullet became the yardstick of productivity, Tommy would be the ruler of the free world." -- Fat Guy