• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bicerin

Curlz

I was surprised that there wasn't already a thread going on this, but the timing seems right, so here you go.

There is an article in today's NYTimes Dining Section, including a recipe. Have any of you ever made one at home? Discuss here...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

For those who may not be familiar with bicerin, it is essentially a drink with a shot of espresso, a couple of ounces of Italian-style hot chocolate (considerably thicker than the American version) and a couple of ounces of unsweetened softly whipped cream on top.

--

For those who may not be familiar with bicerin, it is essentially a drink with a shot of espresso, a couple of ounces of Italian-style hot chocolate (considerably thicker than the American version) and a couple of ounces of unsweetened softly whipped cream on top.

:wub:

*drinkgasm*

:wub:

oh my god, where the hell can I get one?

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

We added it to our menu at the coffee bar. Without espresso we call it 'coco bere' drinking chocolate. With is a la bicerin.

The base is similar to Starbucks' chantico, which USA Today reported just pulled from the menu after one year- stating poor demand for it since customers can't customize it like a latte.

I drink it when I need a major chocolate fix.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.