• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CityChef.ca

I've just had the most delightful experience with these people. CityChef.ca

I've been looking for a red Le Creuset Tart Tatin pan and a red Bean pot. For some reason, these items are dificult to find here in Ontario in red. Blue yes. Red, no.

During my search online I noticed that this place did have the bean pot, but they only seemed to have the tatin pan as part of a set. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I emailed them to ask if they did sell the pan indvidually.

I had a response from them within half an hour. They indicated they did not carry it separately but they'd be happy to order it for me. I thought that would be marvelous and so indicated.

I got an email back shortly afterward to let me know that they had been in touch with Le Creuset Canada and that although they only had blue in stock, they were expecting red shortly. CityChef is putting a bean pot aside for me and is ordering the tatin pan. Based on my experience with them thus far, I'm betting they'll be diligent in following this up.

I'll be giving this site another look through whenever I order stuff online. They don't carry All Clad or Sitram, but they've got some nice things, prices are reasonable and I get free delivery and no PST!

They are located in Vancouver, so I was wondering if any of you out there have used them and what you thought?

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

I don't see an address either but this

Please enjoy your convenient online shopping experience at City Chef. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

indicates that they are in Vancouver. There's a Vancouver phone number as well.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

That site is very cagey about giving out an address.

Either it's strictly warehouse or a backroom operation of an existing store who want to keep the operations separate.

I've had a look at their site in the past and never found anything I couldn't find a good deal cheaper in existing stores.

I am looking for a good ice cream maker and have been comparing prices around the city. For an online company, they seem to be quite expensive. The three ice cream machines they have listed are between 6% and 15% more expensive than the kitchen shop in Park Royal Village (which is one of the more expensive shops in the city).

Edited by Edible Vancouver (log)

• 1 year later...

City Chef is located in Richmond. I just picked-up a set of Scanpan Professional...very pleased! They are an on-line store only but allow Vancouver/Lower Mainland customers to pick-up from their warehouse. I find there prices very good..considering they offer free shipping on orders over $100, so usually it works out to be cheaper with that in mind.

That site is very cagey about giving out an address.

Either it's strictly warehouse or a backroom operation of an existing store who want to keep the operations separate.

Hope this helps: Google map

Michael Scott is the contact.

Cheers!