• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Websites?

newguy

Anyone know if either Blu or Table 8 have a website?

Looking for a place to go for a little celebration

Try these:

Blu

Table 8

I haven't been to either of them yet. I'm going to Blu on Friday and I'm sure the usuall pictoral will follow soon after.

Edited by ejebud (log)

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Fascino is always lovely for a celebration too! Lots of discussion here on the Fascino thread.

Note to self: been too long since I've been there.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Gotta agree with you on that. A very good meal, especially with the BYOB and the savings by bringing our own , but I happen to be someone who wants to pair wine with what I'm eating and when you're at a BYOB you're not sure what food to pair with wine.

and please don't tell me to look at the website because most BYOB's don't post specials, which I tend to eat on a 2nd visit after we've picked the menu apart.

Yes, but you really have to be a devoted oenophile to be that concerned with pairings. I'm more concerned with the food, give me some great food, and I'll bring a wine that I know I like along and be very happy. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

One can also save from $20-$50 bucks on wine in a BYOB. That goes a long way toward better food as well.