• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Singing Well

mike volker

'97 Madrigal Napa Valley Petite Sirah

This is all about black fruit thats in your face as soon as you open the bottle. In the mouth the fruit hits you again and again, changing from a hint of sweetness up front to a drying finish. Tannins are gentle at this point and you can smell the smoke in the distance. Wonderful with fillet on the grill and tomato salad. $45

Best,

Mike

Hey Mike, Where did you run across Madrigal Petite SYRAH? My first one was the 1998 which was great. I just got the 2002 from Napa Wine co. in Oakville

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How could you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!??

Jeff,

We try to do a long weekend every year in the wine country. Our first year out we discovered sonomawineshop.com right on the square in Sonoma. We were out in may and I had them ship this home with some other things of course. If you liked the Madrigal PS I got some Jacob Franklin Chavez/Leeds vineyard Napa Valley PS thats even better. Call or email and they'll ship to you in New York.

Best,

Mike