• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2002 chardonany

chef koo

^ Okay.... so someone has to ask... is this a particular chardonnay you are looking for? Or, have you noticed that all 2002 chardonnays have mysteriously disappeared off the market?

EDIT: Oh and P.S. if anyone has any Note Bene they don't need, please PM me (I know this is gigantically off topic but I thought I'd throw it out there all the same)... slap my hand and all that :smile:

Edited by appreciator (log)

sarah

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was. --Unknown

i want to buy a case of this stuff. i've gone to 3 wine stores who are all out of it. anyone know where i can buy some.

It's just plain hard to track down any Chardonany. The closest thing I could find was Chardonnay. :biggrin:

Memo

Ríate y el mundo ríe contigo. Ronques y duermes solito.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Snore, and you sleep alone.

It's just plain hard to track down any Chardonany. The closest thing I could find was Chardonnay. :biggrin:

Memo

real funy smart ass.

i'm not sure which one i'm looking for. i know it's not the reserve.

bork bork bork

So you need some Nota Bene - funny you ask as I foolishly decided that with my wine pairing last night I would do a vertical tasting of the 01, 02, 03 and decanted 2 bottles of each - the hilarious part is that the group of guests we have in got into my secret stash of absinthe before dinner and between the 18 of them polished 3 bottles alongside all of the beer and cocktails they were drinking - by dinner (at 9:30pm) they wouldn't have known the difference if I had poured them Farnese.

By ascending price.

Mission Hill Five Vineyards ChardonnayMission Hill Five Vineyards Chardonnay 02/03 $14.99

Mission Hills Reserve Chardonnay 02/03 $18.99

MH Estate Chardonnay 01/02 $29.99 Limited Availability

All available at Mark Anthony.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

You can purchase the 2002 Estate Chardonnay at Mark Anthony, 962 West King Edward (at Oak), 604-739-9463. It is $29.99 a bottle. The other (Reserve) Chardonnay vintage is 2003 for around $19.99.

Edited by Vancitygirl (log)

Gastronomista

So you need some Nota Bene - funny you ask as I foolishly decided that with my wine pairing last night I would do a vertical tasting of the 01, 02, 03 and decanted 2 bottles of each - the hilarious part is that the group of guests we have in got into my secret stash of absinthe before dinner and between the 18 of them polished 3 bottles alongside all of the beer and cocktails they were drinking - by dinner (at 9:30pm) they wouldn't have known the difference if I had poured them Farnese.

:sad:

Commiserations. I hope that your people were still vertical when they left, after 3 bottles of absinthe among 18...

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

:sad:

Commiserations. I hope that your people were still vertical when they left, after 3 bottles of absinthe among 18...

This is a terrible shame. If you ever need dinner guests that would appreciate this opportunity and arrive and leave (well maybe) sober enough to remember the occassion, I have a few numbers.

Gastronomista

How was the vertical Nota Bene? And, I am assuming it was the 99, 00, 01 and 02 as I don't think the 2003 has been released yet. I still have a good supply of all of these and have wondered how they might stack up in a vertical. Please let us know the results.

Cheers,

Karole

How was the vertical Nota Bene? And, I am assuming it was the 99, 00, 01 and 02 as I don't think the 2003 has been released yet. I still have a good supply of all of these and have wondered how they might stack up in a vertical. Please let us know the results.

I had a glass of '03 tonight, Karole...suggest you contact the winery and get some. :smile:

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"