• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

porky and porky's

ellencho

Fantastic Could someone please reassure my usually fearless self about the flavor/consistancy of some of these innards?

I fear that even the most positive reassuring review will not alleviate the unsettled feeling I get when I think about eating "tribe" or "innards"

I belch, therefore, I ate...

jas pretty accurately summed up the innards experience. I personally prefer the bookleaf tripe (so THAT'S what it's called) to the honeycomb, but hey, I like chewy stuff. I think both have a terrific taste. I wasn't enamored with the chicken gizzards. The taste was a bit too intense for me. Worth a try, though.

Yeah, BinG was packed alright. Sure wish they had more than Yuenling Lager and B&T on tap (keepin' this about food). The Peryton was shot at Ben's warehouse. I really dug the dungeons and dragons piece, Nights of the Round Table. Hilarious!

a silverskin of sorts on pieces of them, and when you get a piece like that it's nearly impossible to chew.

See, I was okay until you got to this part. Squick.

Sure wish they had more than Yuenling Lager and B&T on tap (keepin' this about food).

LOVED the condiments-in-love film.

First, although I thought the tripe I had at P&P was good, I think tripe is best in soup.

From my trip to P&P, I know they have gizzards, although I don't know if that's definitely what you had.

Also, if anyone's 48-hour film team needs a member, I volunteer!

I've been wanting to try one of those events ever since I read about one in NYC.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.