• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pisang Ambon

Marya

Many years ago, my husband received a bottle of Pisang Ambon and we thought it was an interesting liqueur with an equally interesting name. Recently, he was musing about this product and wondered where we could purchase a bottle. Since the original was bought in California I tried to locate it there. To my surprise, no one seems to have heard of it. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find it?

Pisang Ambon is an Indonesian liqueur? I thought it was from the Netherlands.

Green banana flavored... hmm... can't say that it will be high on my list.

Anyway, as far as I know, it is not available in the States. Here is their web site.

--

I've only seen it in Europe. Northern Europe, more specifically.  I'd not be surprised if there isn't an importer who brings it into the US any more.

Got any friends in scandi-land who you could ask for a bottle?

I knew I should have cultivated some Scandinavian friends!

Don't let the green banana turn you off. I vaguely remember that it had a distinctly aromatic flavor. I wonder if our neighbors to the North can still buy it?