• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

khoubz bil zaatar

Had mana'ish for lunch today, courtesy of Saj Jdodna in Abu Dhabi. One with zaatar and akawi cheese, with khodr bi alboh (greens in its heart-- in this case, olives, mint leaves, tomato, cucumber), and one with kishk, which is basically the most intensely delicious thing on earth.

Elie,

Is there a recipe for your dough that I'm missing upthread?

Your 'pies' look so good.  What kind of cheese do you use on the cheese ones?

Pam,

This is pretty much the recipe I use. Just add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the dough. It is even better made the night before and let rest/rise in the fridge. Make sure to remove the dough balls a couple of hours from the fridge before baking.

For cheese I use a mixture of two or more cheeses usually. One melting cheese like mozzarella and a more flavorful sharper one like mexican farmers cheese, feta, Akawi... But really anything you like should work.

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog