• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Andy's Diner....

BTW...I ahve it on semi good authority that when bourbon hits milk, the milk curdles....instantly.

Apparently this drink is called a Cement Mixer...due to the rather lumpy consistency that occurs...

Anyone gonna order it? :raz:

You folk not allergic to alcohol will have to order this one. I will just watch!

So for tomorrow at 12pm at The Turf, it's me, laurel and Fay Jai. Anyone else?

See ya then,

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-

I'm looking Waaaaaaaaaaay too forward to this :laugh:

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

BTW...I'll have the Black Coat, Blue "Eagles" T-shirt and the Spicolli style Black and White checked Vans on....

The 80's were so cool......

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

Lunch at The Turf, in attendence were myself, Fay Jai, and his workmate Tyler:

First we have Fay Jai's Bourbon and Milk:

gallery_12317_488_1103578828.jpg

Fay Jai making merry:

gallery_12317_488_1103578774.jpg

My Coke with refill brought out at the same time. Fay Jai got the same but with a green straw. Beyond is Tyler's Scotch On the Rocks:

gallery_12317_488_1103578881.jpg

Tyler's French Dip sandwich:

gallery_12317_488_1103578909.jpg

French Dip closeup:

gallery_12317_488_1103579033.jpg

Fay Jai's Bacon Cheeseburger:

gallery_12317_488_1103578964.jpg

Cheeseburger closeup:

gallery_12317_488_1103579013.jpg

My Chickenfried Steak with eggs over easy:

gallery_12317_488_1103578937.jpg

Closeup of the chickenfried:

gallery_12317_488_1103578987.jpg

Fay Jai's ketchup and tartar sauce for french fries, mixed tableside:

gallery_12317_488_1103578803.jpg

It's a lot brighter inside than it looks from outside. When I arrived, Debbie (not Debra) Gibson was playing on the jukebox. There's a dining area and counter, and on one end is a window for purchasing pull tabs, on the other is the bar, plus a white board with the day's specials, both 'merican and Asian. They claim their egg rolls are home made, but we wanted to eat the 'merican things today so didn't get at them. Maybe next time.

This was fun. I wouldn't call the food mindblowing, it really is a greasy spoon, but for those gutbusting moods I'd go back, especially as it's so close. And our waitress was nice. Thanks, Fay Jai and Tyler. Sorry we had to miss you, laurel.

Pat

Edited by Sleepy_Dragon (log)

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-

Oh, man. Now I have a new place to get my chicken-fried steak infusion. This is *not* good.

Edited to add: That bourbon and milk looks pretty tasty. :biggrin: (But then, I am a White Russian drinker when I feel the need to drink dessert.)

Edited by ScorchedPalate (log)

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com