• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baltimore foodies

Baltfoodie

Hi there,

I was wondering if there were any other foodies from the Baltimore area who post to this forum?

If so, I have a somewhat informal group that gets together roughly once a month to try out a tasting menu somewhere in the Baltimroe area. If there is not one offered, I have been able to get local chef's to prepare one.

Let me know if anyone is interested in coming along with us. We are, tentatively, having an outing this coming Wednesday.

~LARS~

Lars-

I would be interested.  Keep us informed.  Where are you going Wed. eve?

Rob

Rob,

Hi there. Well I am still in the process of selecting a place and should know more by Monday. Sorry for the short notice, but this is a very spontaneous outing.

In the last couple of months, we have gone to Corks, Petit Louis, Copra and two of us have even made a pilgrimage to an icredibly new place in Houston. Typically meals have run from $60 - $80, before drinks, tax and tip. So, overall, you are looking at approx $100 - $125 per person.

I'd be more than happy to extend an invite to you to join our group, and will, of course, keep you posted at where we are heading this Wednesday. Current contenders include Soigne, 4 West, Charleston, and Chameleon Cafe.

May I ask where you are located? Thanks again for the note and I'll keep you in the loop.

~LARS~

you all perhaps should consider joining the AIWF(american institute of food&wine)

this past year we've had food and wine events at bicycle,mortons,saffron,aldo's,abacrombie,della notte,cord's and soon linwoods and brass elephant. prices vary,but are usually between $60 and $75 inc.of tax and tip and wine.....plus it supports a number of worthy projects and it's a lot of fun! 410-244-0044 or AIWFBaltimore@yahoo.com