• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An English Tudor Winery in Tennessee.

sizzleteeth

I searched through these forums and found no mention of this - so I thought I would post it for those who might find this interesting.

On a recent camping trip outside of Knoxville I discovered a winery called Highland Manor, a beautiful place that looks as if it was plucked from the Napa Valley and displaced in the South that makes a wide array of wines, including a sweet Muscadine with a 1 year waiting list and a Cab Franc that held it's own with any I have ever had... really - I had some good fun bringing back a bottle and serving it to some wine drinking friends who made several guesses as to where it came from and were more than shocked when unveiled.

Check it out:

http://www.dalehollow.org/wines/

"At the gate, I said goodnight to the fortune teller... the carnival sign threw colored shadows on her face... but I could tell she was blushing." - B.McMahan