• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wilson's Steakhouse

Coop

I couldn't believe it. A brand new stand alone steakhouse next to BC Place. Can this place survive. There seems to be no talk or advertising. For months we have talked about Chambar and Go Fish. Not so much as a word about this place. I'm setting the over/under at 8 months. Any takers?

Keep in mind I didn't think Gotham would survive.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

As long as we're establishing a line on sundry events, who's going to have the first non-complimentary thing to say re. Chambar?

Think how difficult that will be, after all the anticipation, all the glowing praise around here soon someone is going to have to say something negative about it. Who's it going to be?

So, this Wilson's, it's in that space that used to hold Courtnall's? Foot of Robson? What's the target market? Because if I want to eat badly prepared meat in that neighbourhood I can just walk down to Dix, and they throw the surly service in for free.

I was very surprised to see it there when I walked by, having not heard a single thing about it. You're right, it is definitely not a dump and it is a "BC Lions Preferred Restaurant" so you know it must be good.

And oh yeah, I'll take the under.

As long as we're establishing a line on sundry events, who's going to have the first non-complimentary thing to say re. Chambar?

Think how difficult that will be, after all the anticipation, all the glowing praise around here soon someone is going to have to say something negative about it. Who's it going to be?

Ok , I'll be the one.

Went to Chambar with wife - food excellent.

Knocked over my beer all over bar. Bartender took at least 2 seconds to wipe it up !

What sort of goat rodeo are they running. Where are the service standards !

What was the bartender doing in that extra second !

All kidding aside , had a great time and can't wait to go back and have a full dinner.

Neil

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

On Wilson's

Blair Wilson ( ran in recent Fed. Election in West Vancouver ) - owns this place as well as Mahoney's on Robson Street.

Nice room etc.

Hard to fill with no hockey.

This is truely an event location ( like the Shark Club ) It will be a tough go this year.

As the owner of a steakhouse a stones throw away , I did check it out a couple of times. Pretty much the only people in the room both times.

Wish them well but I will take the over on this. I do not see it lasting into next summer without a major sports draw ( and sorry , that is not the B.C. Lions )

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com