• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Madonnina del Pescatore

divina

I was just in the MArche for a mini vacation.. we had some great food.. but

Was INCREDIBLE

loved everything about it.. we had the tasting menu which I will get into detail in a later email... and then also went to the Aniko' bar in town( senigallia)... and if we had had time would have gone to Clandestino.. his other place below Ancona!

He is famous for his Sushi..Susci, and Italian take on raw fish...

also has a Fish Salumeria.. making cured fish.. salmon, swordfish and others, prepared like Italian salami's.. fun and fabulous!

great sauces ( which you can also buy) raspberry and ginger.. on the Parmacotta di Pescespada...

we loved the Salsa Giardiniera, carrot, onion , celery emulsified with fish broth to a beautiful and great yellow sauce.. drizzeled on the plate with our fried fresh cod..

his Happy Toast... on traditional rectangular bread used for the grilled ham and cheese, was wonderful with smoked salmon, pecorino, grilled zucchini and topped with oven roasted cherry tomatoes!!

I need more!

Did you also go to the one star, Uliassi in the same town? Gambero Rosso gives it a food rating the equal of the two star Madonnina, 53, which is among the five highest in all of Italy.

We didn't as we were big mealed out.. but did go by and take a foto... as Pescatore also told us about him.

He was also a JR.. young restaurant chef which are some of the best!!!

I think he is too old this year.. and is now an honorary member..

next time!

Menu looked lovely!

I totally agree with you about the "young restaurant chefs." I have the guide and have been to, maybe, 7 or 8 of the restaurants in it. Everyone has been excellent with several real values for what they served.

Besides the higher end Madonnina, we also tried the in town bar ANIKO

an loved it.

i8660.jpg

here we tried the Parmacotta of Pesce spada, thinly sliced smoked swordfish, served like sliced ham from the deli,on a cutting board, wrapped in paper with sliced bread and a lovely raspberry lime sauce.

i8661.jpg

We enjoyed a lovely just released Verdicchio

The Happy Toast, which is also served at his beach place Clandestino near Ancona, was lovely smoked salmon, grilled zucchini and soft Sheeps cheese served warm with a cherry tomato conserve,

i8659.jpg

we finished off our snack with the Lavazza Foam Coffee.. Ferran designed!

i8658.jpg

Ciao,

My name is Ore and I am really exited to see a link so close to my new home. I am now living in a small city called Jesi, about 26 km from Ancona.

I am here for the SOLE purpose of FOOD as I am enrolled in the Slow Food Master Italian Cooking Program - Ital.Cook. The program will be over in the middle of August and afterwards I plan on doing a stage at a restaurant in Italy.

I really hope to get in to Le Calandre in the Veneto but I am really glad to see such great restaurants in my near vicinity!

Only if I had a way to get to them all - walking isn't really an option! If anyone is in the area and looking for a dining partner - write to me!!!

Also, if you can recommend some nice restaurants you think would be a great place to stage - please list those too!

Thanks!!

Ore

Fabio Trabocchi, chef at Maestro in the Washington, D. C. suburbs and nominated for the James Beard Rising Star Chef of the Year award, visited Le Calandre and Uliassi several months ago. He noted that it has one star but could just as easily have two.

Ore--- would like to know if you liked your program with Slow Food..

won't they help you get an apprenticeship?

I would look at the JR list of the young chefs.( I put a link in a previous message) or do you want tradtional food?

Grazie!!!

where is your place in Bologna???

Auguri e Benvenuto!!!

Ciao Divina Ciccina

My restaurant is Osteria dal Minestraio we are in Rastignano, at about 50mt from Bologna's city border.

The exact address is via A.Costa 7, ph. nr. is 051/742017.

Our specialties are "primi piatti". We propose a tasting menù of 10 different kind of home made pasta (including one soupe and one risotto).

The menù is changed every mounth, according to seasonal ingredients.

Our cooking style is both traditional (emilia romagna is the home of egg pasta) and creative.

The price for the tasting menù is 35€.

Ciao Ciao Ciccina :wub:

Crazycow28