• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lagavulin's Hollywood cameo appearance

BlackHive

Last night, my girlfriend and I watched a rented DVD of the thriller/zombie movie "28 Days Later". Halfway through the movie, there's a section where some people are gathering food at an abandoned grocery store and one of the men grabs a bottle and another walks up and says something like "Don't just grab any old stuff", cuts back to a few scenes of the women grabbing food, and then cuts back to the men in the alcohol section where he says "here's what you want" and picks up a familiar green box containing Lagavulin. He continues on saying something like "Single malt... 16 year...." and reads the quote on the box saying time "takes out the fire but leaves in the warmth". He then grabs about 6 boxes of it and walks off. There's also a scene later on where it makes an appearance as someone else pours a glass of it.

My girlfriend found it amusing when I paused the movie and exclaimed "that's my scotch!" and ran to the kitchen to get my bottle's box and show her (and then drink an ounce since the movie tempted me).

I liked that scene as well. I guess if its the end of the world and you have to bring some good booze to take with you in a London taxi as you flee from disease-ridden killer zombies, you gotta go for the quality stuff.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I guess if its the end of the world and you have to bring some good booze to take with you in a London taxi as you flee from disease-ridden killer zombies, you gotta go for the quality stuff.

I think this is going to be my new signature line.

QUOTE (Jason Perlow @ Jun 9 2004, 08:14 AM)

I guess if its the end of the world and you have to bring some good booze to take with you in a London taxi as you flee from disease-ridden killer zombies, you gotta go for the quality stuff. 

I think this is going to be my new signature line.

oh, absolutely!!! :raz:

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

• 2 weeks later...