• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2002 Cantine Farro Campi Flegrei Falanghina

Jean Brislance

2002 Cantine Farro Campi Flegrei Falanghina – A pretty greenish-golden color. Nose of mineral, wet stone, and lemon. Flavors also show plenty of minerals in the forefront, along with some lemon, lime, and earthy spice. Good acidity and length, with a nice viscosity in the mouth, and a finish that shows some grassy elements to accompany the mineral qualities. A great summer white for $15, and very refreshing on a freakishly hot 95 degree day in Minnesota!

Jean

Hi Jean,

As you may know, I've raved about this wine in the past (prior to my eGullet days). This is a great summer quaffer, as you mention, but it also a terrific wine with simply grilled lighter fish and shellfish. Great with soft-shelled crab! And you've reminded me to stock up on more of it once I return home.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero