• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Petit Chateau-Bedminster

BeaChambers

Delicious hot rolls arrived immediately. Yum. Then, the waiter brought us a goodie from the kitchen- grilled rabbit in a pastry shell and that was also delicious.

John started with an endive salad, with montrachet which we shared. Then, I had a grilled salmon with ratatiulle (sp?) and olive tapenade. John had grilled sea bass on a bed of leeks, garnished with asparagus and chive oil. Both dishes were excellent. We each had 1 glass of wine and coffee...no dessert. (we looked at the desserts but nothing spoke to us)

The restaurant was empty except for us! And it is expensive. The bill came to just over 贄. I believe the menu is the same for dinner. I would go again.

Bea---NJ

"Chef was at the Olympics cooking..."

Wouldn't it be nice if restaurants had to put in a little insert when the chef was (travelling in Cambodia, visiting his tokyo or las Vegas places, off that night, etc)? Not that the named chef really cooks much any more in most places, but it's nice to know he or she is at least on the property.

The role normally played by Bobby Flay will be played by Jackie Malouf, etc.  When we saw the Alchemist's Wife last year, they announced Linda Lavin would not be performing that night. Fully 30 % of the audience got up and left.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo