• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Highway 30A

karma police

Much has been said about Sandor's at all levels on EG, but truly you would have to go to Atlanta or New Orleans to even approach the level of his cuisine and the experience of his restaurant...

Other suggestions I am not sure have been previousl discussed...

Basmati's in Blue Mountain Beach... Asian/French/Coastal fare with good Sushi...

The Lake Place in Santa Rosa Beach...

The Santa Rosa Beach Club for lunch... Great Views...

Borago... Eat at the bar and chat with Jay... eat and enjoy his very good taste in by the glass wine selections and mixology prowess...

I will suggest that as in many vacation oriented beach communities, consistency down here on 30-A can be a real problem... help is hard to find and like everywhere else, turnover rate is high...

When we dine out, we keep our fingers crossed... More often than not, a meal down here will not resemble the last meal at a given spot for better or for worse, both in terms of service and food.

Just remember, a bad day at the beach beats a good day at work anyday...

Cheers

Adam

Chef - Food / Wine / Travel Consultant - Writer

I had a great dinner at Chef Jim Richard's The Lake Place in Dune Allen. A light lunch at Smiling Fish in Gulf Place. and terrible sushi at the trailer in Seaside.

Have fun, I have not been to the Red bar in a long time, it used to rock on weekends.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!