• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Adams-Morgan

sabg

I like everything about Las Canteras except the chocolate quinoa cake. Their aji de gallina is particularly good.

For something a little different, Adams Morgan now has a Korean restaurant, Mandu, which I've definitely enjoyed.

Is San Marco still there? I know the owner was talking about retirement, but it's a nice little neighborhoody Italian place, much more civilized than the no-reservations scheme at Pasta Mia.

There is hardly any Ethiopian in Adams Morgan anymore -- I think Meskerem's the last one standing.

I peaked into San Marco the other morning on my way to work and it still seemed to be going strong. I've enjoyed many a decent meal at La Fourchette over the years -- it is the restaurant in which the old Washington Post dining critic formally passed the baton to Tom Sietsema, btw, and I often see Le Patron and La Patronne out front hosing down the sidewalk and tending the flowers as I walk to work -- something that strikes me as impeccably and romatically French. Seems to have lost a step over a long and respectable run, though.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.