• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Allan @ Five94

tkrongold

They expect to be open the middle of March. Did the sign say Five94 or 594?

Rosie, the sign reads "Five94" instead of 594. I plan to try it on 3/22 for lunch, if they're open on Mondays and serve lunch, as I always need to find someplace close to campus on the rare occasion that I can get out for lunch. That day, I have a new employee starting and I make it a habit to take them out for a welcome, in addition to getting them out of the office on what is often an overwhelming day!

Casey

Yes it is. I believe the folks at Evergreen lost their lease (at least that's what they told patrons).

I'm hoping this new place is a viable lunch option for me. My job doesn't allow me the time to go far from Upper Montclair, and the choices lately are limited. I liked Evergreen for lunch (I'm a "pesco vegetarian"), as they had good salads, grilled veggies, etc. Lotsa Pasta was another decent, fast option, but they also closed. I like Tinga Tacquria, but don't want Mexican every time I get out of the office, and I've never been a fan of the Balcony.

Casey

• 1 month later...

Stopped by here the other day. The owner said they should be open in about two weeks. As someone mentioned, I believe it will be Italian food. The owner previously owned Nanina's in the Park in Belleville.

Susan